vrijdag 19 september 2008

Just a random list

Today, I don't feel like continuing about what I've done and seen already but I do feel like making a list.

What I like here:
- it's new, it's challenging, therefore it's great!!!
- great international atmosphere
- very kind classmates
- celestial seasonings' raspberry zinger tea for sale in the supermarket, and it's the raspberry zinger alone, not some lousy fruit sampler thing
- sunshine!
- so much sporting facilities
- my concrete and my math class
- phonecalls to europe are really cheap
- wireless internet nearly everywhere
- they sell Destrooper cookies (but only the butter crisps are the same as in Belgium. The waffles got some additional artificial vanilla flavor and the "amandelbrood" is here "ginger thins" and adapted to american taste).
- Cosmopolitan (the real one, not some crappy translated version)
- this is such a beautiful country to explore, there's so much open space


What I dislike here:
- making homework... I've never worked so hard.
- english units
- the amount of conservatives, additives and other yucky things in the food (ham is not supposed to conserve until christmas, is it?)
- this university doesn't have cantus and TD
- beer is way too expensive and the alcohol policy is weird
- I seem to be the only person writing with a real pen and ink, and I really had to do my best to find refills for my pen, they've cost me a whole lot of money and I found out that they were actually made in France....
- throw-away-everythings (I don't want to know how much more trash I'm producing here... sorry Earth!) ... and recycled paper is more expensive than normal paper... ?!
- commercial phonecalls, mostly about "the best possible healthcare plan for you".
- fire withdrawals... they should make those damn sensors less sensitive! If someone now screws up his cooking, the whole building here has to evacuate... even if it's at 5 am like last night. That was horrible!!

That's all for now, I'll be off to get my share of sleep (as my sleep was heavily interrupted by that stupid fire withdrawal yesterday).

Geen opmerkingen: